Recipe by HokiesMom
I have not made these yet but they are on my list of items to try for my cookie trays this Christmas. It has two of my favorite things - coffee & cinnamon! :) Cooking time is per batch of cookies in oven.
Top Review by Katzen
Holy cow are these ever good! I love how the cinnamon and coffee flavour comes through clearly - they're a nice change from typical chocolate chip or oatmeal cookies. I got 45 cookies out of the recipe, and they baked in 11 minutes in my oven. I'll make these again, that's for sure! Thanks for posting, Hokies! Made for Zaar Stars Tag.
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee
- 2 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (I may use a tad more )
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- powdered sugar, for coating the cookie
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oven to 400°F.
- Stir the eggs and instant coffee in a small bowl until well blended; set aside.
- Mix the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl, set aside.
- Beat the butter, shortening, granulated sugar and egg mixture in a large bowl with an electric mixer set on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Stir in the flour mixture.
- Shape the dough into 1 inch balls.
- Roll the balls in the powdered sugar.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until set.
- Remove the cookies from the baking sheets.
- Cool completely on wire racks.
- Store in a tightly covered container.