Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This ia a yummy cinnamon coffee cake that is great fresh and fantastic the next day so make it ahead of time and enjoy!
- 118.29 ml butter
- 118.29 ml applesauce
- 236.59 ml white sugar
- 236.59 ml brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 9.85 ml vanilla extract
- 946.36 ml flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 473.18 ml sour cream or 473.18 ml vanilla yogurt
- 354.88 ml pecans, chopped
- 29.58 ml ground cinnamon
- 177.44 ml brown sugar
- 59.14 ml butter
- In a large bowl (or using the kitchen aid) cream together the butter, applesauce, 1 cup brown sugar, and 1 cup white sugar until fluffy.
- Add vanilla to the sugar mix.
- Add eggs, one at time. If you are using the Kitchen Aid, just add one at a time. If mixing by hand, add an egg, stir, repeat for until all four eggs are incorporated.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add about a fourth of the flour mix to the sugar mix. Then add about a fourth of the sour cream (or vanilla yogurt) to the sugar mix. Repeat until all the flour and sour cream have been added to the mix.
- To make the topping/filling, combine the pecans, cinnamon, brown sugar, and cold butter in a dish.
- In a greased 9x13 inch cake pan or a bundt cake pan, spread about 1/3 of the cake mix, then top with 1/3 of the pecan mix. Repeat two more times.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 60 to 70 minutes.