These are just like small coffeecakes!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 3/4 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup coarsley chopped white chocolate
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips or 1/2 cup chocolate-covered english toffee bar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1Set oven to 425 degrees (you will turn down heat when ready to bake muffins).
- 2Line 16 muffin tins with paper liners.
- 3To make the topping: combine all the topping ingredients in a small food processor and chop into a crumbly mixture; set aside.
- 4To make the muffin batter: blend the softened butter with the sugar.
- 5Add in eggs, vanilla and buttermilk; whisk with a large whisk until smooth.
- 6In a small bowl, blend the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon.
- 7Mix the flour mix into the creamed mix; stir to combine well (you may beat this mixture with an electric mixer, this should be smooth and NO lumps).
- 8Stir in the butterscotch chips or chopped toffe bar (can use both if desired); mix to combine.
- 9Using a large icecream scoop, fill a generous amount into each muffin tin.
- 10Top with as much topping as you can on top of the muffin batter.
- 11Reduce the oven temperature to 400 degrees.
- 12Place the muffin tins on the third upper rack of the oven.
- 13Bake 20-25 minutes, or until nicely browned, and spring back when gently pressed.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon Coffee Cake Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (136 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 498.6
- Calories from Fat 231
- Total Fat 25.7 g
- Saturated Fat 15.2 g
- Cholesterol 93.4 mg
- Sodium 399.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 37.8 g
- Protein 6.8 g