Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
These are just like small coffeecakes!
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans or 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup cold butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 3⁄4 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 3 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup coarsley chopped white chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup butterscotch chips or 1⁄2 cup chocolate-covered english toffee bar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Set oven to 425 degrees (you will turn down heat when ready to bake muffins).
- Line 16 muffin tins with paper liners.
- To make the topping: combine all the topping ingredients in a small food processor and chop into a crumbly mixture; set aside.
- To make the muffin batter: blend the softened butter with the sugar.
- Add in eggs, vanilla and buttermilk; whisk with a large whisk until smooth.
- In a small bowl, blend the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon.
- Mix the flour mix into the creamed mix; stir to combine well (you may beat this mixture with an electric mixer, this should be smooth and NO lumps).
- Stir in the butterscotch chips or chopped toffe bar (can use both if desired); mix to combine.
- Using a large icecream scoop, fill a generous amount into each muffin tin.
- Top with as much topping as you can on top of the muffin batter.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 400 degrees.
- Place the muffin tins on the third upper rack of the oven.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, or until nicely browned, and spring back when gently pressed.
These are great! The recipe came together easily. I made 16, filled to the top, muffins and still had batter left, so I was able to make 18 mini muffins! There wasn't enough topping for the mini muffins, but they still taste fantastic. These are a definite keeper. I can't wait for my in-laws to come visit next month so I can make them again. Thanks for the recipe.
I can't believe these muffins only have 1 review!! My GF mixed them up in no time and they were really delicious! I loved the topping and so did Cassie. What a great way to start off the morning! Thanks. Mike
I love these muffins! I made these last night to take over to my mom and dad's house, they really loved them, this is more like a cake baked a muffin tin, I couldn't stop tasting the topping! the muffin is so light, i just can't wait to make them again, they are so good, KITTENCAL, I don't think you have one bad recipe lol, all of them are winners! thank you so much for another wonderful recipe.