Recipe by Hey Jude
I love this toasted and smeared with butter. Another recipe from my Mom, I'm pretty sure she got this one from Taste of Home.
Top Review by Canadian_in_the_Bay
This recipe yields a moist, sweet, and delicious cake. It is also excellent if you sub melted butter for the oil as I did the last time I made it. This recipe is comes together in o time and all the ingredients are pantry staples, so it is perfect for last minute guests and/or hostess gifts.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar, divided
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine the flour, 1°C sugar, baking powder, 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon and salt.
- In another bowl, combine the eggs, buttermilk, oil and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until smooth.
- Pour half the batter into a greased 9x5x3-inch loaf pan. In a small bowl, combine the remaining sugar and cinnamon; stir in butter. Drizzle half over batter; cut through with a knife to swirl. Top with remaining batter. Drizzle with remaining cinnamon-sugar mixture; swirl with a knife.
- Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.