Recipe by Mama's Kitchen (Hope)
Another great German recipe!
Top Review by Raspberri_Skies
If I could give this 25 stars I so would! This has to be the BEST cake I have ever made. It tastes like no other coffee cake I have ever had, and the texture is great. I could have eaten the entire pan but I had to share. This will definitely be made again. If you are reading this and haven't made this yet you have to try this one!! Thanks for a great recipe!
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter, unsalted
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup nuts
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup milk, mixed with
- 2 teaspoons vinegar, to sour
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix first three ingredients until crumbly.Remove 1/2 c mixture and mix with cinnamon and nuts. RESERVE for topping.
- Add baking soda and baking powder to step 1 mixture and stir to mix it all in evenly.
- Add vinegar to milk to sour the milk. Stir egg into the milk and stir vigorously with a fork to blend the egg. Add to the dry mixture and stir just until blended.
- Spray or grease a 9x13 pan and pour mixture into pan. Top with reserved topping.
- Bake at 350 degrees until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 30 minutes.