Recipe by Seebee
Here's another yummy recipe from my Mom's recipe box
Top Review by vrvrvr
A delicious coffee cake with a light, moist texture. I used butter instead of shortening. I baked this in a greased & floured 9" square pan, and I reduced the topping amounts a bit as it didn't need a whole lot more sugar. This went together easily and baked in about 37 minutes... heavenly!
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together white sugar and shortening.
- Beat in the eggs, then stir in sour cream and vanilla.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir until just wet, then pour half the batter into a well greased bunt pan Sprinkle on half of the topping mixture.
- Layer the other half of the batter ontop and then the rest of the topping.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick pulls out clean.