Recipe by MizzNezz
This has a great texture with a struesel topping. I like to make this for Holiday breakfasts.
Top Review by Lisa Pizza
Yum! I threw this together this morning for breakfast and was blown away at the ease of preparation and taste and texture of the finished cake. I was very surprised at how high the cake baked up! It was moist and flavorful with just the right amount of crunchy sweetness on top and buried within. Thanks! (I had to sub almonds for walnuts and 1 tsp almond extract instead of 1 tsp of vanilla.)
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 3⁄4 cups sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and 2 cups sugar until fluffy.
- Add vanilla.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine flour, baking powder, soda and salt.
- Add alternately with sour cream, beating lightly after each addition.
- Spoon 1/3rd of the batter into greased 10 inch tube pan.
- Mix nuts, cinnamon and remaining sugar.
- Sprinkle 1/3 over batter.
- Repeat layers 2 more times.
- Bake at 350* for 70 minutes, or until cake tests done.