Cook1 hr 10 mins
This has a great texture with a struesel topping. I like to make this for Holiday breakfasts.
Make and share this Cinnamon Coffee Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Cream butter and 2 cups sugar until fluffy.
- Add vanilla.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine flour, baking powder, soda and salt.
- Add alternately with sour cream, beating lightly after each addition.
- Spoon 1/3rd of the batter into greased 10 inch tube pan.
- Mix nuts, cinnamon and remaining sugar.
- Sprinkle 1/3 over batter.
- Repeat layers 2 more times.
- Bake at 350* for 70 minutes, or until cake tests done.
Yum! I threw this together this morning for breakfast and was blown away at the ease of preparation and taste and texture of the finished cake. I was very surprised at how high the cake baked up! It was moist and flavorful with just the right amount of crunchy sweetness on top and buried within. Thanks! (I had to sub almonds for walnuts and 1 tsp almond extract instead of 1 tsp of vanilla.)
Very nice...I used this for a catering job and received lots of compliments. I added cinnamon to the batter for an extra cinnamon kick! Thanks MizzNezz... :)
Great cake!! It came out moist and delicious. I will definitely make this again. Thanks MizzNezz!