Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
This is so rich, moist and delicious. Fills the house with the wonderful aroma of cinnamon.
Top Review by waynejohn1234
This has been my "go to" cake for many years. Always reliable and stays moist. I ususally cut the recipe in half and use a loaf pan because there is just the 2 of us. Highly recommend this recipe for ease, moistness, flavor and popularity with most people.
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 2 3⁄4 cups sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 16 ounces sour cream (2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and 2 c. sugar until fluffy.
- Add the vanilla; add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; add alternately with sour cream, beating just enough after each addition to keep batter smooth.
- Spoon one-third of the batter into a greased 10 inch tube pan.
- Combine the cinnamon, nuts, and remaining sugar; sprinkle one-third over batter in pan.
- Repeat layers two more times.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 70 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.