Recipe by najwa
I found this on the internet a long time ago .. I printed it out along with 6 or 7 others, and still haven't made any of them because this one is just so good !!
Top Review by waynejohn1234
I am sure the reason for the dryness is the use of shortening. Have made this cake and always used butter with very good results. Also, suggest you use full fat milk. It is actually a very good and reliable recipe.
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F, and spray a bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening and the sugar using an electric mixer.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine salt, baking powder and flour.
- Mix the vanilla with the milk in another bowl.
- Add flour and milk alternately to the shortening mixture; I add about 1/3 at a time.
- Mix together sugar and cinnamon.
- Layer 1/3 of the batter into the pan, then 2 tablespoons of the sugar/cinnamon.
- Repeat twice.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until done.