Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
These slightly chewy cinnamon bar cookies are made with a cinnamon swirl added to the batter. *UPDATE: As of Aug 31 '09 I have reduced the amount of sugar from 1 1/2 to 1 cup.
- Preheat oven to 350°F Mix flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- Beat eggs in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed.
- Add 2/3 cup of the sugar; beat until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla.
- Add flour mixture, beating just enough to blend in flour.
- Spread batter in greased 13x9-inch pan.
- Beat butter, remaining 1/3 cup sugar and cinnamon in medium bowl until light and fluffy.
- Drop on top of batter; swirl into batter.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool in pan on wire rack then cut into 20 bars, 2 1/2x3-inch each.
My friends loved them, but I found them to be a little on the bland side. I would maybe keep the original amount of sugar, but do half granulated and half brown. Also, I used margarine...I would strongly recommend you use REAL butter! lol! Don't skimp! I'd add more cinnamon next time too...
These were easy to make but very sweet. I read the other reviews before making and cut back on the sugar and they were still really sweet for us.
These were good but too sweet, I thought. Next time I will add a bit of cinnamon in the batter and only use half of the topping mixture. I like having a bar cookie that isn't chocolate though. Thanks for posting!