Recipe by Ocean~Ivy
Very low-fat snack for a sweet tooth! 8)
Top Review by Charishma_Ramchandani
I halved this and made it this afternoon. In this sweltering heat of Oman, nothing is more desirable than a glass of sherbet; and if its chocolate, then its ooh la la! Thank You for sharing this, I loved it - It really tastes feather-light :)
- 1 1⁄4 cups cocoa powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 pinches nutmeg
- 2 cups water
- 24 fluid ounces evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- In saucepan, mix cocoa, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Whisk in the water; bring to a boil.
- Continue whisking to break up lumps and prevent burning.
- Reduce heat and simmer 2-3 minutes, until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Remove from heat add the milk and vanilla; let cool.
- When the mixture reaches room temperature, pour in ice-cream maker.
- Freeze according to directions (if firmer texture is desired, remove from freezer, put in a dish, cover and freeze longer).