Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Very low-fat snack for a sweet tooth! 8)
Make and share this Cinnamon Chocolate Sherbet recipe from Food.com.
- In saucepan, mix cocoa, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Whisk in the water; bring to a boil.
- Continue whisking to break up lumps and prevent burning.
- Reduce heat and simmer 2-3 minutes, until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Remove from heat add the milk and vanilla; let cool.
- When the mixture reaches room temperature, pour in ice-cream maker.
- Freeze according to directions (if firmer texture is desired, remove from freezer, put in a dish, cover and freeze longer).
I halved this and made it this afternoon. In this sweltering heat of Oman, nothing is more desirable than a glass of sherbet; and if its chocolate, then its ooh la la! Thank You for sharing this, I loved it - It really tastes feather-light :)
I liked this very much, but I found the cinnamon flavor to be too strong, and I even reduced the amount by 1/2 teaspoon. I also thought the amount of cocoa made it somewhat bitter. Before I added the mixture to my machine, I mixed in 1/4-1/2 cup half and half, and that helped to smooth the flavors a bit. Next time, I'll reduce the cinnamon, and cocoa or just add a bit more evaporated milk.