Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Really good combination of flavors.Found this recipe on the canada.com television/newspaper website. From chef Judy Wood.
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate piece
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- PRE-HEAT OVEN TO 375.
- IN A BOWL MIX THE BROWN SUGAR, CINNAMON AND CHOCOLATE AND SET IT ASIDE.
- IN A SEPARATE BOWL MIX TOGETHER BUTTER AND SUGAR FOR A FEW MINUTES.
- ADD THE EGG AND MILK AND BEAT UNTIL LIGHT AND FLUFFY.
- ADD DRY INGREDIENTS AND BLEND WELL.
- PLACE PAPER CUPS IN A MUFFIN TIN AND ADD 1/2 A SCOOP OF THE DOUGH TO THE BOTTOM OF EACH CUP.
- THEN SPOON SOME OF THE CINNAMON SUGAR ON TOP.
- TOP THAT WITH MORE DOUGH.
- (YOU'RE PUTTING THE CINNAMON CHOCOLATE MIXTURE IN THE MIDDLE OF YOUR MUFFINS.) BAKE FOR 15- 2O MINUTES AND ENJOY.
These were not nearly sweet enough for me. Also, the texture was interesting--very different from the light and springy muffins that I'm used to. Good idea though.
Personally I didn't really like the cinnamon/chocolate center. I also found that I had quite a lot (about half) of the cinnamon/chocolate mix left over which was a bit wasteful. Interesting idea, just didn't work for me.
Absolutely beautiful!! I also added 1 1/2 TBS cocoa just for that added chocolate kick. I made a double batch and still have some cinnamon mix left!! Guess i'll have to make some more!! :)