Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
From Better Homes & Garden's 2004 Christmas Cookie Magazine
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 ounce semisweet chocolate, grated
- Allow egg whites to stand at room temp for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325°F Line two large cookie sheets with foil or parchment paper; set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine egg whites and vanilla.
- Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form (tips curl).
- Gradually add the sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold in coconut, pecans, and chocolate.
- Drop mixture by rounded teaspoons 1 ½ inches apart onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake both sheets on separate racks in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until set and dry.
- Cool on cookie sheets for 1 minute.
- Transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely.
- To store: Place cookies in layers separated by waxed paper in an airtight container.
- Store at room temp for up to 1 day or freeze for up to 1 month.
A little difficult to make since I don't have an electric mixer, but my boyfriend and I LOVED them. Great little cookies :)