Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
From "The Chocolate Cake Mix Doctor". This frosting tastes wonderful on the Chocolate Cinnamon Banana Cake also posted from this book.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa (preferably Dutch processed)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- Cream together cream cheese and butter.
- Add cocoa, cinnamon, vanilla, and 3 3/4 cup powdered sugar. Beat together for about 30 seconds.
- Add more sugar if necessary and beat until the frosting is fluffy, about 2 minutes more.
This is yummy. I made this usng a powdered sugar subsitute from Splenda and neufchatel Cheese. My mother-in-law is diabetic so I am trying to learn to bake with Splenda and low fat and this recipe converted well. I think the cinnamon added the extra flavor that helped cover up the changes.
Thanks I used this for my sons birthday cake. I didn't use the cinnamon but the frosting is perfect chocolate cream cheese that I was looking for. Thanks :)
This was really fantastic. I used it to ice the suggested chocolate cinnamon banana cake and it was the perfect compliment. I didn't measure exactly so I probably used a lot less icing sugar, but I liked that it was not too sweet/not too rich and you could still taste the cream cheese- it worked on this cake beautifully.