Prep 10 mins
Cook 13 mins
If you love cinnamon and chocolate then you'll love these cookies. They are soft and chewy and its best to eat them while they are still warm. Well I hope you'll enjoy them!
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup oatmeal (dry of course)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In large bowl, combine sugar,chocolate chips and butter.Cover w/papertowel.
- Heat in microwave oven on high for 2 minutes or until mixture is melted. Stir once during melting. Set aside. Cool 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine dry ingredients; mix well.
- Add the egg and vanilla to chocolate mixture. Beat at medium speed with electric mixer for about 1 minute.
- Gradually add dry ingredients; mix well.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 9-11 minutes.
- Remove cookies from cookie sheet after 1 minute. Cool on wire racks.
- EATTTT! :).
Great flavor! Cooked for 9 minutes - they were perfect!
Very tasty cookies! Next time I might omit the oatmeal and vanilla and add slivered almonds and almond flavoring..just for a different taste. Found the oatmeal a bit dry.
These were DELICIOUS!!! A must-try recipe. Not a single one went uneaten! They were warm and sweet and just absolutely wonderful! The perfect flavor combination. I will be making these again and again and again!