Recipe by LizCl
This is so delicious. I made it with cherries instead of apricots and it was incredible. I got it from the Cake Mix Doctor.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package white cake mix
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped dried apricots or 3⁄4 cup dried cherries
- 1⁄2 cup miniature chocolate chip
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Streusel Filling.
- Place 2 tbsps. cake mix, apricots or cherries, chocolate chips, and cinnamon in a small bowl and stir well. Set the bowl aside.
- Place the remaining cake mix, pudding mix, sour cream, oil, sugar, and eggs in a large bowl.
- Blend with an electric mixer on low speed for 1 minute. Increase the mixer speed to medium and beat 2 minutes more.
- Pour 2/3rds of the batter into a greased and floured Bundt pan and smooth the top with a rubber spatula.
- Spoon the filling over the batter in the pan. Pour the remaining third of the batter over the filling and smooth again.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes. Cool.
- Sift the confectioners' sugar over the top for garnish.