Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This started out as 'plain' waffles, but has since become one of our favorite waffle recipes. I like them because they don't need syrup - which is quite messy for 2 young kids.
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup mini chocolate chip
- Beat egg yolks. Add remaining wet ingredients except egg whites. Beat well.
- Mix together all dry ingredients.
- Sift dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Mix well.
- Beat egg whites until stiff in separate bowl.
- Fold egg whites into waffle batter.
- Cook in waffle iron (about 90 seconds).
- Use approximately 1/4 to 1/3 cup batter per waffle.
- **This was done in a belgian waffle iron.**.