Enjoy this spicy butter over grilled potatoes, summer squash and thick rounds of roasted red onions. The smoky heat of the chipotle peppers is just right with the sweet flavor of ground cinnamon(hopefully freshly ground!), brightened with the sharp hint of lime. Adapted from the Fields of Greens restaurant cookbook. If you'd like to make it a little bit sweet, feel free to add 1/2 tsp. or more to taste of brown sugar.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream the butter with the chipotle puree, cinnamon and salt.
- 2Add lime juice, starting with 1/2 tsp., then adding more to taste.
- 3For a spicier butter, add more chipotle puree.
- 4Vegetables will really soak up the heat of the butter, so it should be fairly hot but not overpowering.
- 5This would make a great rub for salmon or meat.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon Chipotle Butter
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1647.9
- Calories from Fat 1657
- Total Fat 184.1 g
- Saturated Fat 116.6 g
- Cholesterol 488.0 mg
- Sodium 1189.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 1.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: