Recipe by mom_of_4
I found this on a web site a year ago. This is a nice christmas cookie. My kids love them!! After I put the dough on the cookie sheet, I like to lighty press them down with a spoon and slighty flatten them. If you don't, they won't spread out as they bake.
Top Review by Heather75
Delicious and smell great while baking. I made these for a cookie exchange. I just mixed up the dough and froze in balls to send home with all the girls. When ready to bake you just need to place on a baking sheet. Everyone loved them.
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup butter (Softened)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package butterscotch pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) package cinnamon baking chips
- 1 cup nuts (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour with baking soda and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Combine butter, the sugars, pudding mix, and vanilla in a large mixer bowl; beat until smooth and creamy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Gradually add flour mixture; then stir in morsels and nuts. (Batter will be stiff.).
- Roll 1 tablespoon dough for each cookie and roll in the sugar/ cinnamon topping mixture.
- Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes.