Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
My Sis loves this at Panera Bread Company. This is similar to a coffee cake.
- 3 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup cinnamon baking chips
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Mix flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and baking soda together.
- Cut in the butter. I only used 1 stick of butter myself. The first time I made this I used 3 different kinds of measuring cups; don't do that, lol, it didn't work, lol.
- Mix in egg and buttermilk; mix together.
- Add cinnamon baking chips.
- Pat out on bench flour; make round; pat down.
- Brush with melted butter.
- Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
- Cut into 6 wedges; separate and bake 15 or 20 minutes in a 425 degree Fahrenheit oven until done. The scones that I didn't seperate completely didn't cook as fast.