Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
My Sis loves this at Panera Bread Company. This is similar to a coffee cake.
- 3 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup cinnamon baking chips
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Mix flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and baking soda together.
- Cut in the butter. I only used 1 stick of butter myself. The first time I made this I used 3 different kinds of measuring cups; don't do that, lol, it didn't work, lol.
- Mix in egg and buttermilk; mix together.
- Add cinnamon baking chips.
- Pat out on bench flour; make round; pat down.
- Brush with melted butter.
- Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
- Cut into 6 wedges; separate and bake 15 or 20 minutes in a 425 degree Fahrenheit oven until done. The scones that I didn't seperate completely didn't cook as fast.
They were very good and moist, but more cakey than dense like scones. You definitely get more than 6, unless you want huge scones, and to bake for about 15 minutes