Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
I got this recipe from the back of a bag of Hershey's Cinnamon Chips. My father loves these cookies and is always asking me to "make a batch". They are chewey and sweet and delicious and you won't believe how fast they go.
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 (10 ounce) packagehershey's cinnamon bark
- 3⁄4 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In large mixing bowl cream butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Add flour and baking soda, mixing well.
- Mix in oatmeal, cinnamon chips and raisins (batter will be heavy).
- Drop by heaping teaspoonful onto ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes or until they look golden around edges.
- Let cool for about 1 minute and then remove to wire rack to finish cooling.
These were DE-lish !! I, too, reduced thw amount of granulsted sugar, but it could likely be eliminated altogether. I got about 57 cookies using a #40 scoop,; they do not spread, so you can place them closer than some others. It truly IS stiff batter, takes some muscle to mix in chips and raisins. Perfect outcome at 11 minutes. HINT: cinnamon chips are not readily available ! If you see them at the super, snag up as many as you can. Alternate is King Arthur, but they are much more expensive. Thanks for sharing, Nell. These have added to my Christmas plate plans.
One of my favorite cookies! My mother has been making these for ages. We usually take a double batch with us when we go on thanksgiving vacation and they disappear quickly every time.
I was introduced to cinnamon chips when a Zaar swap partner requested a bag. I've never tried them but finally picked up a bag for myself. Made these delicious cookies tonight. They have a great flavor and almost melt in the mouth. I even placed a few in the box going in the mail tomorrow for my cookbook swap partner. I'll be making these again and again.....