Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This adapted from a chocolate chip muffin recipe I found on the internet some years ago. My 11yo son always requests these when it's time to take treats to school. I have doubled the recipe so it should yield 24 muffins, but I think I must not fill them as full because I think I usually get closer to 30 muffins.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line 24-30 muffin cups with cupcake papers.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- In another bowl, mix milk, eggs, butter, and vanilla.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, add the wet ingredients, and stir just to combine.
- Stir in chips.
- Sppon batter into prepared muffin cups and bake 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove muffin tin to a wire rack, cool 5 minutes, and remove from tins to finish cooling.
These have just come out of the oven and cooled enough for taste testing by my hungry kids arriving home from school. They (and the neighbours kids) love 'em. I had to use white chocolate chips as I haven't ever seen cinnamon chips in Australia (where I live) but I think the white chocolate complimented the cinnamon flavour well and was a good substitute. Thanks for a great recipe. (Made for the Aussie/NZ Oct 2008 swap).
Great muffins - I halved the recipe with no problems - end result vanished within 24 hours !!
My daughter and I made these this past weekend - they were delicious and easy to make!!