Top Review by LilPinkieJ
These are very good. They aren't too difficult either. I love the flavor of the dough and the sweet filling is very nice. I like that you put the number of chips and not a measurement. It's a bit of a pain to measure out some things, such as baking chips. I will be making these again later this month for a ladies bible study. Made and Reviewed for 123 Hit Wonders - Thanks! :)
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup toasted ground almonds
- 2 eggs
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄3 cups cinnamon baking chips, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat butter and cream cheese in large bowl until well blended; stir in flour, sugar and almonds.
- Cover and refrigerate for about 1 hour.
- Divided dough into 4 equal parts.
- Shape each part into 12 smooth balls.
- Place each ball in small muffin cup (about 1 3/4 inch diameter); press evenly on bottom and up sides of each cup.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Beat eggs in small bowl.
- Add condensed milk and vanilla and mix well.
- Place about 7 cinnamon chips in each dough cup and fill about 3/4 full with egg/milk mixture.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until tops are puffed and just beginning to turn golden brown.
- Cool 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle about 15 chips on top of the filling.
- Cool completely in pan or on wire rack.