Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a variation on the recipe that you can find on Hershey's Cinnamon Chips. To lower the fat content, substitute more applesauce for the butter. When you glaze it, this cake tastes like a cinnamon roll.
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup applesauce
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (10 ounce) package cinnamon baking chips
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- Heat oven to 350.
- Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl on until well blended.
- Beat in eggs, vanilla, and applesauce.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt and add to butter mixture, beating until well blended Stir in cinnamon chips.
- Pour into two loaf pans.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean Cool completely in pan.
- Drizzle with glaze or wait until the cake is sliced and then drizzle with glaze to maximize the glazed area.
I found this recipe while looking for something to make to get rid of cinnamon chips I had bought and don't care for. This cake is excellent! It is cinnamony, but not overpoweringly so. It is SO moist! I added a touch of vanilla extract to the glaze, and made it a little thicker by using less water. I removed it from the pan and them glazed it. I will definitely make this again!