Recipe by PaulaG
This recipe was printed on the cinnamon package I have in my pantry. It is as yummy as it sounded.
Top Review by Crafty Lady 13
What a unique and great way to season a steak. I really enjoyed the spiciness of the ancho chili pepper ad the chipotle chile pepper as well as the hint of cinnamon and the smokiness of the cumin. I topped it all off with some grilled onions. Yummy! Made for December, 2008 Aussie/NZ Swap.
- 2 teaspoons ground ancho chili pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground chipotle chile pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 3⁄4 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3⁄4-1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 New York strip steaks, 1 inch thick