Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 2 hrs
Cook 20 mins
From, "Cooking for Diabetics", Weekend magazine. Preparation time includes refrigeration time.
Make and share this Cinnamon Chicken Salad recipe from Food.com.
For the dressing
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
For the salad
- 2 cups steamed chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 cups blueberries
- 2 cups green seedless grapes
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 2 cups fresh pineapple, cubed (reserve the shell for serving)
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- Combine all the salad ingredients except pineapple in a large bowl.
- Set aside.
- Combine all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the salad.
- Refrigerate for atleast 1 hour.
- To serve: Line a tray with a plaintain leaf or a lettuce.
- Place the pineapple shell on it.
- Mix the chopped pineapple into the salad.
- Toss well.
- Spoon the salad into the pineapple.
- Serve and enjoy!