Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Savory and healthy salad without mayo.
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 bunch summer savory, chopped
- 1 fennel head, bulb and fronds, chopped
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon, divided
- 4 -8 butter lettuce leaves
- 1 -2 cup lettuce, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup almonds, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup olive, chopped
- 2 -5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1⁄2 lemons, juice of or 1 1⁄2 limes, juice of
- salt and pepper
- cheese, your choice (i like a creamy cheese like gouda)
- 2 -4 chicken breasts, roasted, cooled and pulled
- Rub chicken breast w/ olive oil, salt, pepper, cinnamon, and chopped summer savory. Squeeze fresh lemon (or lime) juice over top, cover and bake 30-40 minutes.
- Arrange butterhead lettuce onto serving plates.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a bowl. If salad is too dry, add a little wine vinegar or more lemon juice.
- Serve the chicken salad over the lettuce and top w/ cheese and drizzle of olive oil if desired.