Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Very simple and very tasty!
- 1 lb skinless chicken
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup orange bell pepper, sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) can fat-free chicken broth
- 1 (8 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- olive oil
- Preheat over to 350°F.
- In a large skillet, heat a thin layer of olive oil.
- Sauté onion and garlic until soft and translucent.
- Remove with a slotted spoon to a 4 quart casserole dish.
- In the same oil, gently brown the chicken, sprinkling each side with salt, pepper and a little cinnamon.
- While chicken is browning, mix chicken broth and mushroom soup. Mix until smooth - no lumps!
- Heat soup mixture in a microwave until steaming hot (2-3 minutes on high).
- Remove chicken when browned on both sides to the casserole.
- In the same oil, quickly sauté the pepper strips and add them to the casserole.
- Pour hot soup over everything; seal top with a sheet of aluminum foil, then cover and bake for 35-45 minutes.
- Serve over brown or jasmine rice.