Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
We don't have this chai latte mix in Australia but I was lucky enough to be given some in a swap and decided to check out the General Foods website and came across this recipe. Cool Whip is also not an Australian grocery line so I just topped mine off with some dairy whip (whipped cream in a can for non Aussie chefs)
- 4 teaspoons sugar-free chai latte mix (General Foods)
- 1 cinnamon sticks or 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon thawed Cool Whip Topping or 1 tablespoon whipped cream
- 3⁄4 cup scalded milk
- PLACE flavored drink mix, cinnamon stick and whipped topping in mug.
- ADD milk gradually, stirring with cinnamon stick until well blended.
- SERVE immediately.
This was pretty yummy. I had regular chai mix and used ground cinnamon.
Mandy - this is a very enjoyable drink. I only had the regular Chai mix on hand and did find it pretty sweet so next time I'm going to use a sugar-free mix. I love the use of the cinnamon stick and even sprinkled a bit more ground cinnamon on top. I think it would taste nice with a sprinkle of nutmeg too. Great for a evening drink on a cool evening. Tagged in 1.2.3 Hit Wonders.
Very enjoyable way to drink chai! I used Pacific Chai instant decaf chai latte as it was what I had on hand - delicious! Thank you for posting a nice, relaxing alternative to coffee, Mandy! Made for ZWT4.