Recipe by senseicheryl
I found this recipe on the www.mccormick.com website. "Cinnamon is the star ingredient in this indulgent recipe certain to please one and all. This favorite holiday spice combines with gooey caramel for a truly decadent dessert."
Top Review by Jaye Anna
I recently saw this recipe in a magazine and just had to make it. I found that it took a little while to prepare and bake but it was a labor of love for me. If cinnamon and carmel satisfy your sweet tooth, this is the treat for you.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) package caramels, unwrapped
- 1⁄4 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in medium bowl; set aside.
- Mix brown sugar, butter, eggs, vanilla and pecans in large bowl until well blended. Add flour mixture; mix well. Reserve 1 cup of the batter. Spread remaining batter into lightly greased foil-lined 13x9-inch baking pan. Bake 15 minutes or until firm.
- Microwave caramels and milk in microwavable bowl on HIGH 2 to 3 minutes or until caramels are completely melted, stirring every minute. Pour over baked layer in pan, spreading to within 1/2 inch of edges. Drop reserved 1 cup batter by spoonfuls over caramel layer. Cut through batter with knife several times for marble effect.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes longer or until center is set. Cool in pan on wire rack. Lift from pan; remove foil. Cut into 24 bars.