Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
Recipe by Steven Raichlen's book Indoor Grilling. Cook time does not include cool down time.
- Place sugar and hot water in a heavy saucpan and stir with a wooden spoon to mix.
- Cover and place on high heat and bring to a boil.
- Boil until clear, about 1 minute. Using a natural bristle pastry brush (dipped in cold water) wash any sugar crystals down from the side of the pan.
- Uncover saucepan and let cook until thick and deep golden brown, about 5-8 minutes. Do not stir while cooking. Shake pan gently if needed to cook sugar evenly.
- Remove pan from heat and add cream and cinnamon. Stand back- it will bubble and hiss. Return pan to heat and simmer until thick and creamy, about 3 minutes, stirring with a wooden spoon.
- Cool to room temperature before serving.
- Refridgerate, covered, for up to 3 weeks. Warm up to room temperature before serving.