Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a tasty, tasty coffee. I love iced coffees and this is one of my favorites...caramel and cinnamon together with coffee...it doesn't get much better than this, topped off with a flavored whipped cream, delish.
- 8 ounces cold strong brewed coffee, cinnamon, cold, strong, brewed
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 cup caramel sauce (to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup 1% low-fat milk, 1%, cold
- 4 ice cubes, plain
- 4 coffee ice cubes, coffee
- 3 ounces heavy cream (whipping cream)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon caramel sauce
- 1 teaspoon caramel sauce (garnish, for drizzling)
- 1 cinnamon stick, for stirring
- Make the cinnamon flavored coffee.
- Pour the hot coffee into a container, add the caramel sauce and stir until all the sauce has dissolved.
- Next add the milk to the coffee mixture, stir, cover and place in fridge to chill.
- Whip the heavy cream, cinnamon and caramel sauce together, until the cream is smooth, thick and creamy.
- Cover and chill until needed.
- Once the coffee is thoroughly chilled pour it into a large frosted glass filled with the flavored and plain ices.
- Top with the flavored whipped cream , drizzle a little caramel sauce over cream and add a cinnamon stick for stirring.
- Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.
Yowzers, I can't imagine why it's taken me so long to make this, I've been missing out for waaaay to long. I had to adapt this liquid wonder to diabetic restraints. Used Smuckers no added sugar caramel sauce (after waiting 2 weeks for the store to get it!) and Cool Whip light for the heavy cream. I sprinkled cinnamon on the top and then a good "drizzle" of the caramel. Oh Yeah! almost forgot, I used Van Houte Butterscotch coffee. Total 5 start YUM!
Made this to enjoy this morning. However I did alter the recipe slightly...couldn't find decaf. cinnamon coffee so I brewed a pot of regular but added ground cinnamon to the grounds and I placed a nice sized cinnamon stick in the pot. The biggest difference I made to the recipe though was I served it hot. A wonderful treat on a snowy morn. I will definitely be making this recipe again as written (iced) once our weather warms up. Made and reviewed for the 48th Aus/Nz Recipe Swap.
Wow! What a yummy sweet treat! I topped with additional plain whipped cream and sprinkled with cinnamon. Comfort cafe http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=288536&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=915 Thanks.