Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
Much prettier than caramel popcorn and tastier. Looks great in bowls or strung on the tree.
Make and share this Cinnamon Candy Popcorn recipe from Food.com.
- 7568.0 ml plain popped popcorn (not microwave)
- 236.59 ml butter
- 118.29 ml light corn syrup (not dark it will effect the color)
- 255.14 g package red-hot candies
- Place popcorn in a large bowl (I used my tupperware that's a bowl make sure bowl is large enough to hold all the popcorn) set aside.
- In a non stick saucepan, combine butter, corn syrup and candies; bring to a boil over medium heat stirring constantly.
- Boil for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour over popcorn and mix thoroughly (be careful very hot) Turn into two greased 15 x 10 x 1 inch baking pans.
- Bake at 250 for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Remove from pans and place on waxed paper to cool.
- Break apart and store in air tight containers.
This is a regular at our house at Christmas too. Disappears almost as fast as you can make it! Thanx for sharing Pumpkie!
I make this every year for Christmas, this year was no exception! It's fun, easy, looks beautiful, keeps well and can be very addicting... but that's OK, cuz it makes a huge batch! Instead of two 15x10 baking pans, I use my big roaster with handles and tall sides, it works perfectly and not a single kernel escapes over the sides! I typically use 1 1/4 cups of popcorn kernels and everything gets coated very nicely and fits inside the roasting pan very well.
This was perfect for Christmas treat bags and, since it makes such a large batch, there was plenty to go around. Everyone enjoyed the flavor and agreed that it wasn't hot at all. Next time I plan to double the topping ingredients to get more of a crunchy coating.