Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
My Mother made this candy. I would take it to work with me to share. It was a Hit!!!
- 1 pint Karo syrup
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 bottle cinnamon oil
- 6 drops red food coloring
- powdered sugar, desired amount for coating
- in a sauce pan, bring syrup and sugar to the hard- crack stage, to about 300 to 310 degrees.
- Add cinnamon oil and food coloring.
- Stir quickly and pour into a well greased pan.
- Let candy harden.
- Crack into pieces and coat with powdered sugar.
I love this candy! I make it all the time, although, sometimes I use spearmint oil too.