Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
One of our patients family members made this for the nurses in our unit, and were kind enough to attach the recipe to it. It is so delicious and very easy to whip up. This is definitely not a dessert for anyone counting calories.
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup hot milk (not boiling)
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream eggs, sugar and salt.
- Heat milk and butter until hot, but do not boil.
- Add milk very slowly to egg mixture, beating mixture constantly so you don't"scramble" the eggs.
- Blend flour and baking powder together and stir into mixture.
- Mix well, the batter will be runny.
- Pour into 9x13 inch greased pan and bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and immediately rub the top of the cake with the stick of butter until completely melted.
- Mix together cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle evenly onto the top of the cake.
- Cool cake to room temperature, or serve it warm.
Kelley, this is out of this world. The cake is so moist and the topping is just perfect. This is one of the best cinnamon type recipes I have made. I finally had to cover it and put it away - I kept taking "just one more" little slice. Thanks so much for this recipe.
This was a great cake, Kelley--thanks. The only thing I'd change is the amount of sugar in the topping . . . there is no way we needed that much sugar on top. My husband, who is a sugarphile, even said I had too much! Next time I make this cake I will just use less sugar in the topping . . . otherwise it is absolutely perfect!
Taste is great, love the topping, but for some reason it turned out really dry. Will either have with ice cream or will make a drizzle frosting.