Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
A very dense and potent cake. I got this recipe at my bridal shower and I couldn't wait to make it. This cake is not for those with weak constitutions! You've been warned...
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 3 ounces instant vanilla pudding
- 4 eggs
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream cheese frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all of the cake ingredients together.
- Grease cake pan heavily, then coat with half of the cinnamon mix.
- Add half of the batter then layer with remainder of cinnamon mix.
- Add rest of batter. Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Frost with cream cheese frosting.
Very good! All thumb's up from this house. I decided to skip the frosting since this was to be more of a snack cake for us. Instead, I just sprinkled the top with some powdered sugar, and that worked fine. I was also going to add some chopped pecans to the middle, but I dumped the remaining batter on top before I could remember to do that. I will next time though... Thanks!