A light and perfect muffin...for snack or breakfast! I try to keep the sugar low in muffin recipes, and I thought these had the perfect sweetness level. And judging by the "mmm" that came from all three of my kids after having a taste, I'd say they were a success!
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 cup cooked butternut squash
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup applesauce
- 1⁄3 cup white sugar
- 6 tablespoons canola oil or 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- In a stand mixer or mixing bowl, mix banana, butternut squash, eggs, applesauce, sugar and oil until well blended.
- In separate mixing bowl, combine salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, wheat flour and white flour.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until batter forms.
- Pour into greased baking cups or muffin tins, and sprinkle with brown sugar-cinnamon topping, if desired.
- Bake at 350°F. Regular size muffins for 16-18 minutes. Mini muffins for 13-15 minutes.
- Makes 24 regular size muffins, 48 mini muffins.