Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A light and tender waffle with just a hint of cinnamon and cardamom. Delicious served with fruit or fruit syrup with whipped cream. We like this with lingonberries.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cardamom (optional)
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1⁄4 cup milk, if needed
- Mix dry ingredients in a small bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs until well blended (I use a kitchenaid mixer); stir in the buttermilk and butter.
- Stir in the dry ingredients until well mixed, adding enough of the milk to make the batter thin enough to flow from a spoon. I use the whole 1/4 cup.
- Bake in a lightly oiled waffle iron until medium brown, about 3 minutes in mine.
- Serve hot.
OMGoodness!! What a fantastic waffle recipe this turned out to be! I am always making waffles for my family-and to me they are ok- but this one...was AMAZING! I had to wake up hubby to try they were so good & I (Who never eats them) had THREE plain. They are crisy, yet light & fluffy! My children couldn't stop talking about how perfect they were. I didn't have cardamon, so left out. I separated the eggs & beat the egg whites w/ the salt until soft peaks formed & used 1/4 cup butter with 1/2 cup veg oil in lieu of 3/4 C butter. They cooked perfectly at 4 min. These are definitely a KEEPER, destined to come a household regular. I'll be making more later for a family snack. My husband said they reminded him of the fried dough from the fair. Thank you soooo much for such a fabulous waffle!
Turned out good. Good recipe for whole-wheat flour
Amazing!!! I love cinnamon but my family doesn't as much but we all loved these. My dad liked them the Norwegian style: topped with sour cream and lingonberries... we used 1/2cup whole wheat and 1cup white flour and it was perfect