Recipe by Annacia
Dates are one of the major foods grown in Qatar. In this adaptation, the flavors combine into a simple and straightforward treat – something for everyday living. From: Global Table Adventure
Top Review by COOKGIRl
I realized I've made a similar recipe found on the food.com site. I infused the cinnamon<br/>with the butter and reduced the flour to make the sauce more pourable. If you use<br/>the full amount of flour it makes the sauce taste too grainy in my opinion. I tested with medjool dates. For color when taking the photo, I added a light garnish of fresh orange zest. Easy, pretty and delicious! Thanks for posting the recipe. Made for Welcome to Qatar!
- 3⁄4 lb dates, pits removed
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting
Directions See How It's Made
- Arrange the dates on a pretty plate.
- Melt the butter and whisk in the flour and cinnamon and cook for a few minutes until thickened into a gravy like sauce (whisk constantly).
- Now, spoon the buttery cinnamon mixture over and around the dates.
- Let the warm sauce cool to room temperature, then dust like crazy with as much powdered sugar as you can stand.