Recipe by Jamia Motsinger
This is from The Cake Mix Doctor. Posted to go with Tomato Soup Spice Cake, but I think it'd be good with any spice cake recipe. Very simple to make. If you want plain buttercream frosting, omit cinnamon and replace it with another teaspoon of vanilla.
Top Review by pattywalnuts
I am the food service director/chef for an adult living facility and I made apple cupcakes the other day. I wanted a cinnamon frosting to go with them and I chose this recipe. WOW!! It is easy and delicious and complimented the cupcakes beautifully. Thanks for sharing.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temperature
- 3 3⁄4 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 3 -4 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Place butter in large bowl.
- Beat on low 30 seconds.
- Add sugar about a cup at a time, beating on low between each addition.
- Add 3 tablespoons milk, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Beat on medium 1 minute.
- Blend in up to 1 tablespoons of milk if frosting is too thick.