Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from The Cake Mix Doctor. Posted to go with Tomato Soup Spice Cake, but I think it'd be good with any spice cake recipe. Very simple to make. If you want plain buttercream frosting, omit cinnamon and replace it with another teaspoon of vanilla.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temperature
- 3 3⁄4 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 3 -4 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Place butter in large bowl.
- Beat on low 30 seconds.
- Add sugar about a cup at a time, beating on low between each addition.
- Add 3 tablespoons milk, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Beat on medium 1 minute.
- Blend in up to 1 tablespoons of milk if frosting is too thick.
I am the food service director/chef for an adult living facility and I made apple cupcakes the other day. I wanted a cinnamon frosting to go with them and I chose this recipe. WOW!! It is easy and delicious and complimented the cupcakes beautifully. Thanks for sharing.
I made this recipe with just a few adjustments, with about a half cup of extra powdered sugar. I then whipped it using the whip attachment of my KitchenAid mixer. It was perfect...I served it with a Mexican Chocolate Cake.
I made this recipe for one cup. After reading the reviews about it being too sweet, instead of sifting a cup of sugar, I sifted a 1/2 cup of sugar at a time. I tasted it after the first 1/2 cup and it was PERFECT!! Ate it on my pumpkin bread and it was good! Definitly going to make it with the pumpkin bread for Thanksgiving! Thanks! :)