1/10 Photos of Cinnamon Butter Puffs
These are *so* good! they may be made in to baby Butter Puffs by using mini muffin tins and reducing the baking time --- I sometimes add in 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon to the batter :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup vegetable shortening (Crisco is best)
- 1/2 cup sugar (or less)
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2In a small bowl combine 1/2 cup sugar with 1 teaspoon cinnamon; set aside.
- 3Place 1/2 cup melted butter in another bowl; set aside.
- 4Grease 10 regular-size muffin cups.
- 5In a medium bowl, beat shortening, sugar, egg and vanilla until smooth.
- 6Sift flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg.
- 7Add flour mixture to the shortening mixture (stir in a little at a time).
- 8Pour in the milk; beat until blended and smooth.
- 9Fill tins 2/3 full.
- 10Bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly golden.
- 11As soon as they are done, dip them one by one firstly into the melted butter, then roll them in the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon Butter Puffs
Serving Size: 1 (762 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 303.7
- Calories from Fat 154
- Total Fat 17.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 47.2 mg
- Sodium 249.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 20.1 g
- Protein 3.0 g