Recipe by Granola Girl
ive been looking for one of these recipes for so long on the website it says that each one of these has 137 calories and that's when you use the vegtable oil instead of yogurt or apple sauce i'm going to make them before this gets published so i hope that they aren't lying!
Top Review by Canadian WesternGirl
Unfortunately, these did not turn out at all for me. I had problems from the first step. The dough didn't rise, and they turned out heavy and tough. Too bad - I had high hopes!
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt, non fat
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 egg whites
- 1 dash salt
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 1⁄4 cup warm water
- 2 1⁄4 cups white flour
- 2 1⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking
- 1 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 cup powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine and mix scalded milk with yogurt, 1/2 cup splenda and 1/2 cup sugar.
- Set aside to cool.
- In large bowl, beat egg whites, and add milk mixture.
- Add salt.
- Dissolve yeast in 1/4 cup lukewarm water.
- Add to mixture and blend in both flours on low speed.
- Cover and let rise until it doubles in size.
- Roll out dough on floured surface.
- Spread with margarine, and cover with Splenda sugar.
- Blend and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Add raisins.
- Roll up and cut in 3/4 inch slices.
- Place on baking sheet or cake pan with sides of cinnamon rolls touching.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Cool and add icing.
- Icing Directions: mix 1 cup powdered sugar, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, and 1 tsp water.
- Add more water if icing is too thick.