Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
Growing up (years ago) these were a treat. Now my kids enjoy them whenever buns are in excess!
- leftover hot dog bun (hamburger/hot dog, etc.)
- softened butter
- cinnamon sugar, mixture (I use 1/2 cup sugar to 1/2 tsp cinnamon)
- Spread cut side of buns with butter, covering to the edge.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Place on baking sheet and broil 2-3 minutes until golden brown and crispy on top.
- Watch carefully as not to burn.
i do this all the time!.. in fact i just had this but with a left over hot dog bun from this past weekend's BBQ... the only thing i did differently to make it halthier was use fat free butter spread, Splenda Granular in place of sugar, and the new Wonder Bread "light" buns that have only 80 calories for the same size bun!!!! such a good treat that really hits the spot ( i also sometimes pour some sugar-free maple syrup on top if i'm really haveing a sugar craving) YUM!
These are wonderful! My kids loved em and its a great way to use up those leftover buns.
Good stuff! Nice amd [prtable. I used to fix this to eat on my way to work and it's still one of my favorite breakfasts.