Recipe by Lorrie in Montreal
Let me just warn you that these Cinnamon Buns are TO DIE FOR!
Top Review by sochocmom
Delicious cinnamon bun !! Highly addicting! Once you have eaten one, you crave more! Very easy to make. I also used a 13x9 pan. I made 1/2 the icing recipe and found it to thicken and harden too fast before I was able to sprinkle chopped nuts on. Next time I will have to tweak the icing recipe. This recipe is a keeper in my family! Thank you !
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup softened butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons dry milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons yeast
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, mixed with
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pecans (optional) or 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Add ingredients according to manufacturer's suggested order and set on dough cycle.
- Turn onto lightly floured board.
- Roll out to a rectangle about 10x18 inches.
- Brush with melted butter; sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar mixture and pecans, if used.
- Starting at long end, carefully roll up; pinch seams together.
- Measure and cut 1-inch slices.
- Place cut side up on a buttered baking sheet.
- Cover with a slightly dampened towel and let rise in a warm place for about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Bake at 375° for 15 minutes, or until browned.
- Drizzle with cinnamon bun glaze or thin icing of your choice.
- Icing: Melt butter in a medium saucepan; add hot water and vanilla.
- Remove from heat then stir in confectioners' sugar.
- Add more hot water, 1/2 to 1 teaspoon at a time, until desired consistency.