- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons active dry yeast (one package)
- 1⁄2 cup warm water (105-115)
- 3⁄4 cup whole milk
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Disolve yeast in warm water in large bowl, let stand till foamy. Meanwhile heat milk to 150 degrees and allow to cool to 100. Once cooled stir in milk and 1 cup of the flour. Cover and let rise for 30 minutes.
- 2. Stir in sugar, 1/4 cup butter, salt and 2 cups of flour. Once combined turn the dough onto lightly floured surface; knead in the remaining 1/2 cup of flour until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes. Cover and let rise until doubled, about one hour.
- 3. Turn dough on to lightly floured surface and roll into rectangle 12"x18"; spread remaining 1/4 cup of butter on surface. In seperate bowl mix brown sugar, cinnamon and orange zest; sprinkle over dough. Roll dough up and cut into 1" peices crosswise. Arrange rolls in two greased 9" round pans cover and let rise until about doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 4. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Brush rolls with melted butter; bake until brown, 25 to 30 minutes. Invert immediately onto serving plate and enjoy.
- 1. Sift sugar and wisk in cream and butter and spoon mixture over warm buns.