1/1 Photo of Cinnamon Buns
1 hr 10 mins
This recipe was a campus "secret" at my old university - thankfully one of the food service employees gave it up and I have been using it ever since. These are the big, soft kind (where the centre is so moist and yummy!!!). I sometimes add extra filling to mine. They can also be iced, but I like them just the way they are.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups milk
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 (1/4 ounce) envelopes active dry yeast
- 2 large eggs
- 9 cups all-purpose flour
- 1Scald milk and stir in 6 tbsp butter, 6 tbsp sugar and salt.
- 2Cool to lukewarm.
- 3Dissolve 1 tsp sugar in warm water.
- 4Sprinkle yeast over water mix.
- 5Let stand in a warm place for 10 minutes.
- 6Stir once this is done.
- 7In a large mixing bowl, combine lukewarm milk mix and eggs.
- 8Stir in yeast mix.
- 9Add four to five cups of flour and mix well.
- 10With wooden spoon add remaining flour.
- 11Place dough in a well greased bowl.
- 12Roll dough over to grease top.
- 13Cover with a damp cloth and allow to double in size for one hour.
- 14Punch down and turn out onto floured surface.
- 15Divide into two, roll each section into rectangles.
- 16Sprinkle on filling (filling: 1 cup melted butter, 1 1/4 cup sugar and 2 tbsp cinnamon- divided between two rectangles).
- 17Roll up and slice (a good way to slice pieces is to use a piece of string, place it on the underside of the roll and cross over opposite ends at top, cutting the piece).
- 18Grease cookie tray with melted butter.
- 19Place slices in tray, leaving enough space to allow them to expand, but not enough that the filling melts out.
- 20Place greased waxed paper over slices and allow to double in size again for one hour.
- 21Bake in 350 degree oven for 35 to 45 minutes.
- 22Remove immediately from tray.
- 23If desired, buns can be iced.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon Buns
Serving Size: 1 (115 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 345.9
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 49.8 mg
- Sodium 387.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 13.9 g
- Protein 6.7 g