Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
I used to help my mom make these when I was a kid. They are so good and easy that I continue to make them for the family today. These cinnamon buns are scrumptious and the aroma of them baking is HEAVENLY!!!!
- Sift the flour with the salt and baking powde in a mixing bowl.
- Stir in 1 tablespoon of the sugar.
- Rub in the butter.
- Make a well in the center of the mixture and gradually pour in the milk until a stiff dough is formed.
- Roll out the dough into a rectangle on a floured surface, and spread lightly with butter, as you would with toast.
- sprinkle on brown sugar, white sugar, cinnamon, raisins, currants, and nuts and anything else you choose. The more cinnamon, the better!
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees and prepare a cookie sheet, spreading it with wax paper or butter.
- Roll up the dough into a long cylinder, and cut it into chunks, about 1/2 an inch thick.
- Place them on the cookie sheet and bake for about 20 minutes, or until a golden brown colour.
- Let the buns cool on a rack and store in a tin, or eat while they're warm!