1/2 Photos of Cinnamon Bun Scones
Easy to make, moist and flavorful! My husband loves these. He says they taste like a cinnamon roll and I say that they are MUCH easier and quicker to make than cinnamon rolls. Try them! This is one of the ultimate comfort foods, in my opinion.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (I use 1/2 whole wheat and 1/2 white)
- 1 cup rolled oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter or 8 tablespoons margarine, chilled and cut into pieces
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup toasted chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1Heat oven to 425°F.
- 2Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- 3In food processor, combine flour, oats, 1/4 cup granulated sugar, baking powder and salt; mix well.
- 4Cut butter into 5-6 pieces, add to food processor, and pulse until butter is size of small peas--do not over pulse.
- 5Transfer dry mixture to larger bowl.
- 6In small bowl, combine milk, egg and vanilla; blend well.
- 7Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients all at once; stir with fork or rubber spatula until dry ingredients are moistened.
- 8In another small bowl, combine remaining 2 tablespoons granulated sugar with the pecans and cinnamon; mix well.
- 9Sprinkle evenly over dough in bowl; gently stir batter to swirl in cinnamon mixture (Do not blend completely.).
- 10Drop dough by 1/4 cupfuls 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
- 11Bake 11-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire rack; cool 5 minutes.***.
- 13In small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar, grated orange zest and enough orange juice or milk for desired consistency; mix until smooth.
- 14Drizzle over top of warm scones.
- 15Serve warm.
- 16***When I make these, I have 9 scones and it takes 18 minutes to bake them in my oven.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon Bun Scones
Serving Size: 1 (939 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 364.8
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 53.4 mg
- Sodium 205.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 18.8 g
- Protein 6.3 g